Get a Free Quotation
What is an Initial Production Inspection?
An Initial Production Inspection (IPI) is conducted at the very beginning of production, ideally after the vendor verification process (factory and/or social audit) has been completed.
The objective of an Initial Production Inspection, or Pre Production Inspection (PPI), is to identify defective materials or components prior to the production process, thereby minimizing the risk of non-conformities and allowing for timely corrections where necessary. It can also identify if your vendor has correctly understood your order, avoiding miscommunication and ensuring that any deviations from the customer’s specifications are addressed early.
- Ensure your requirements are met
- Inspect the quality of your components
- Preview the production process
- Detect and fix problems early
- Avoid wasting time
- Avoid additional costs
Why choose Cotecna?
- Qualified inspectors with recognized skills in their specialized field will check the goods and conduct specific on-site testing and controls.
- All inspectors sign our Code of Conduct and receive regular training in integrity issues.
- An integrity pledge detailing company policy is signed by the Factory Representative before every inspection.
Read about our expertise
How to request your Inspection
Send Us A Request
To get started, send us a request by using our online quotation request form. A dedicated Account Manager will be assigned to your order and will contact you promptly.
Get Your Goods Inspected
Get your quotation and inspection date based on the selected service and Acceptance Quality Limit (AQL) you specified. Complete, sign and submit our booking form for acceptance of the quotation. The inspection will be conducted as scheduled and agreed. Any change will be notified to you by your dedicated Account Manager.
Get Your Report Before Shipment
Get your report within one working day after the inspection has been conducted, leaving you time to allow or reject the shipment after review of the remarks and critical points mentioned in the report.